Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dream On

I had one of those days on Thursday that I just wanted to break something.  I felt so much pent up frustration that I just wanted to lash out.  At that moment I felt as if I had reached a dead end.  I felt stuck, caught up in a deep rut, I felt like my life was is on pause right now and I couldn't find the play button!  I was so pissed off, mostly at myself, that I didn't know what to do.  I paced, cursed, set up my weights to workout but was too anxious to really start any kind of workout.  Finally I grabbed my headphones and iPod and just went for a walk.  It helped to cool me off and let my mind come to grasp with what was really upsetting me.  It was a nice night so the cool air made me feel a lot better.

I came to this conclusion:

The obstacles that we come across in life sometimes have the feel of a brick wall.  There is no way that I can get around this.  What am I supposed to do?  It can be a helpless feeling.  But those brick walls are not in place to prevent us from reaching our goals.  They are there to force us to prove how badly we want something.  If you want it enough you will figure out a way around the wall.  It may take time, you might have to think outside the box and often you have to work harder or do something unpleasant to get there.  That old cliche comes to mind "where there is a will, there is a way."  Cliches generally have a lot of truth behind them.  I believe in this philosophy about brick walls in life.  Do not give up on your dreams, just work harder to try and make them your reality.


If you have not done so, I highly recommend reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch.

No comments:

Post a Comment